Monday 25 November 2013

Sacred Stones

Are many people under the impression that life and death are sacred? I am under the impression that many people do hold those beliefs. But which of the two do people believe as being more sacred? I suppose I should also ask: are either of them really sacred? I never thought of sacredness as being accessible to all humans. Maybe accessible is not the right word to use? Perhaps what I mean to say is: I never thought of sacredness as being accessed by all humans.

And life and death are accessed by all existing humans. Every human is of course alive, and every human must also die. It is not even a matter of choice - once you are in, YOU ARE IN.

There is a common quote that says "everyone loves you when you are dead."

Is love attached to sacredness? When somebody dies, they receive a funeral - or do they? Who is really receiving the funeral - the audience or the soul that left the world? Death, to some, is an existence. To others, death is an exit.

I did not intend to find an answer through writing this. Therefore, I must ask ... why do people believe that life and death are sacred?


* Painting by Martin Wittfooth

No comments:

Post a Comment