Sunday 12 May 2013

Romans 9: the vindictive unwinding

I would be lying if I said that this passage didn't trouble me, or create some bitterness inside. Even in my lack of understanding though, I desire to trust in the Lord.

Romans 9: 18 - 24

So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires. 
You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

Does this, in actuality, indicate that there are some people who are predestined to not have a relationship with Jesus Christ? Did God not choose them, thus obstructing them from choosing light over darkness? I thought that He chose everybody, yet allowed people to not choose Him. Will everyone in Hell even hate it, wherever such a world even exists? I'm not set to disprove Biblical teachings, but I really seek some understanding, if I can find any.

Album of the day: Anathallo - Canopy Glow

No comments:

Post a Comment