Monday 27 May 2013

Fudge

Expletive replacements: fudge, and Bob Saget ... I did not actually use expletives while I was writing this article.

It's frustrating living in a world that's so far away from God, and observing certain people who view his character with such clarity. This isn't to say that their view is warped or distorted. When it really comes down to it, I'm partially upset due to the fact that I don't see him with that clarity. God, you know that you're really confusing to me. He sees me as I'm writing this. That's kind of scary! I don't want to believe what any society or culture believes about God. What I am after are God's thoughts: unadulterated and true. (frantically screams) I want the Truth so badly! Will I learn everything that I want to learn? No, I will not. Bob Saget! Sure, I can read The Bible, but there are so many details to take into consideration. It's hard to take anything at face value, because there are many paradoxes attached to what is written in there. I want to believe that God is a caring God. I want to believe that God wants me to treat humans, animals, and nature with respect. I want to believe that he doesn't hate anybody. But what if he doesn't care, and what if he does hate certain people? Fudge! Maybe I am a heretic for considering such ideas, or perhaps the common Pharisee. If I am, I will accept such a diagnosis. If I'm not okay, I'm not okay. If people need to tell me that I'm out of line, than I'll do what I can to listen to them. I'm not very concerned about being judged. At the end of the day, I'm only a person, struggling to know the identity of Christ, the identity of God. Are the two the exact same or do they differentiate? I'm microscopic ... and maybe that's why it's difficult for me to think well of others, and to think well of myself? I don't think we're that significant, in actuality. Believe me, I wish that I thought differently, and maybe I should think differently. God is in Heaven, I am on earth. I'm not trying to create meaningless drama through what I write. I think that society in general has deemed eager and honest intentions as being "rude" and "politically incorrect". So, what are you trying to do Graham? the questioning characteristic of Graham says to the tired aspect of Graham. I am trying to be honest and open; I am trying to make progress. I am a flawed person who is trying to please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment