Wednesday 7 August 2013

Reflections on Sleep

The more I meditate upon dreams, the more I recognize the profound aspect of them. Memories. Fear. Happiness. Future. Heaven. Hell. Lust. Responsibility. Control. Lack of control.

Only recently I realized that, many times, my dreams reveal profound desires which exist inside of me. These desires are so deep within me, that I only really come to them when I am not awake. Why is that? Could it be that dreams are comparable to the afterlife? I believe that the afterlife will reveal to me things that are unseen on Earth, and I have found that sleep sheds light on things unseen during my waking state. To quote Nas: "I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death." (N.Y. State of Mind)


The danger in being intrigued with dreams is that human discernment is not to be trusted. In the book of Genesis, this truth is revealed through an occurrence between Pharaoh and Joseph. Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I have had a dream, but no one can interpret it; and I have heard it said about you, that when you hear a dream you can interpret it.” Joseph then answered Pharaoh, saying, “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh a favorable answer.” (Genesis 41:16)


Sleep. Wake up. Sleep. Wake up. Right now I'm tired of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment