Thursday 22 August 2013

eternal

No matter how much I debate over spiritual matters, it won't make God any more real, and it won't make God any less real. However, it will have an impact on how personal God is to me. I don't want to run away from questions, with the fear that my faith is too minuscule to handle them. I want to defend the faith. I like running away from questions, because I have this hope that my mind will rest. Sometimes my mind rests, but questions keep on coming back to me. Having a clear mind sounds appealing. And sometimes, I would say that I do have a clear mind. It's that time when I forget the lows, but those are reoccurring for me. Life isn't entirely consistent for anybody. How could a microscopic human being make a higher Deity any more real? The creature doesn't form the Creator. I want some spiritual intimacy. An intimacy that goes beyond a mere human comprehension. But will I have logic to defend the faith against attacks?

If something is not eternal, does that mean it has no value? I get trapped in the mind-frame that this is TRUE. But I think that my disposition toward this idea may just be FALSE. Just because it's natural, doesn't mean it's normal (in this context, meaning a desire which is pleasing to God). However, I have not come to a conclusion yet. 

Yes, God does tell me to seek the things above. But he also made my physical body. My physical, dying, non eternal body. No matter how much I eat, drink, or pray, my body will pass. That is extremely depressing; at least, when I am looking through my human eyes. Wait a minute though, humans became disobedient to God's original plan, and went with desires that went against Him. This isn't how it was supposed to be. So how was it supposed to be? What are the morals and standards of my Heavenly Father? Christ is the example. What are the eyes of my soul seeing? Look to Christ, Graham.


No comments:

Post a Comment