Wednesday 5 March 2014

My Own Gospel

"Spiritual people" are some of the most frustrating people. What is worth noting, and what is also very ironic, is that the peacemakers are the ones who tend to frustrate the hell out of me and make my blood boil. I use the word "hell" here because my frustration conjures up evil thoughts among other impurities - not of God, but of the evil one. But perhaps the peacemakers are not to be blamed? After all, I am really only referring to one individual here (entirely based on their writings, I have never met this individual). By no means am I a warmonger. I would consider myself to be more inclined to act on peace rather than violence. At least, peace seems more attractive to me than violence does. Please know that it is my desire to be a peacemaker (insert obligatory smiley face here). And please know that I do fail.

Whatever the case may be, it sickens me how some people use God as a guise to promote their own gospel. Yet in all my feelings of intensity I have forgotten to ask, what I think is, a very important question. Do I use God as a guise to promote my own gospel?

I may never find an answer to this question. It is just so hard to see these days. As we live inside of these black clouds, it is extremely difficult to know the truth. How do I know the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment