Sunday 9 March 2014

Love, Germs, and Confessions

I want to write, but not now. 10:30? Wait ... 10:30 PM? THE TIME IS RUNNING OUT GRAHAM! Why do people throw that saying around like there's something special about it? Time is always running out. There is nothing surprising about that characteristic of time, as far as I am concerned.

What is love? I remember addressing this question on a different blog when I was in grade 12. I have more ideas about it, although it still remains as one of the most mesmerizing questions known to humankind. I think that love is a verb. And that's why I'm unsure if somebody can actually "fall in love." In regards to the saying "I will always love you," I feel inept committing to that. I do not love all the time, therefore I do not always love anything. Does anybody always love anything? If so, how is that possible? I am an ambivalent sinner, so please cut me some slack. But don't cut my slacks, or else I won't have any trousers to wear (wink face).

It's painful making these confessions, and there are even more confessions to write. Maybe one day I will be able to always love. Regardless, I'm still trying to figure out what love is! What makes a romantic relationship genuine? What does a God honoring relationship look like? What would I have to accomplish to reach the peak of genuineness? What makes a relationship sacred? And ... why do I assume that "love" is synonymous with "relationship?"

Has my openness with numerous people closed the opportunity for a genuine and sacred relationship to occur? I can be a germ or a virus. I've learnt that I have to be so careful with how I share my emotions, feelings, thoughts and experiences with others. I've taken advantage of people by opening up to them. Does that scare you? It should. You don't even have to lie to take advantage of another person. Never take advantage of another person (especially of the opposite sex) for the sake of making yourself feel better! It's so vile and greedy. It will hurt you for a long time. Oh, it's 11:06 PM. I don't want to conclude without sounding sincere. I don't want to conclude without making display of Christ. You know, I'm still trying to find out who Christ is. Perhaps the more I acquaint myself with Christ, the more I will acquaint myself with love?

No comments:

Post a Comment