Friday 31 January 2014

The Danger of Swimming

That activity they call "swimming" - some say it's fun, but I say it's nonsense. It's really just a dangerous activity that has been placed upon a pedestal by "the fun people." Just think about what I'm saying. Please, just think about it. My intention is not to bring anyone over to my side of thinking. If it weren't for your opposition, I wouldn't be writing this - and I like to write. Rather, my intention is to provide an alternative perception toward the subject of swimming and explain why I think that it's strange.

You jump into a deep body of water. You could jump into the shallow end, but that's no fun. You just seem to hurt your ankles whenever you do that. Unless you flail your arms wildly and kick your legs with every working muscle, you will drown. What was once the inviting color of the water has now become your enemy; and you are fighting against its force! You realize that the water is your enemy because the water was never in favor of you. Yes, even the shallow water. Whenever you come out of a body of water, you are cold. It doesn't matter how quickly you retrieve your towel and wrap it around your body. That coldness is inevitable. Jumping into water is like jumping into a freaking large bowl of JELL-O. However, the water doesn't contain the thickness that JELL-O contains. Some people like challenges and danger. And maybe that's why some people like swimming?

2 comments:

  1. I think swimming can be very enjoyable and relaxing, unless you're getting certified to be a lifeguard - then it is stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I could never be a lifeguard. I actually occasionally like to swim at the lake - the dock is nice sometimes :)

      Delete