Thursday 25 July 2013

Is God's Voice Drowned Out by a Monotonous World?

What should a Christian's objective in life be? Many Christians would say: "to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ." That sounds pleasant and rather trendy, but do the people who say that even know what it means? There is actually Biblical evidence that supports that there were people who, while still loving Christ, lived their life in a way that wasn't an exact reproduction of the life of Christ.

But is there Biblical evidence to support that Christians have a personal calling? A calling that is not purely constructed by friends, family, personal taste, or money, but with an unexplained fringe to it: the voice of God. Fringe may not be an apt word to use there, for humans are the fringe and God is the center.

Many times I speak my mind without a Biblical base, but I have seen answers regarding what I write this evening. I have a lot of questions, but not as many answers as I desire. Taking personal opinions, which lack a Biblical base, and saying they're from God is piss poor if you ask me. I'm guilty of that too though. I will not pretend that I haven't done that, and I hope to see the blood on my own two hands. I wish to see the blood so that I can walk towards the water, the living water. Sure, you can have questions, but to simply make a prognosis and say that it comes from the Creator seems precarious to me.

“But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places, who call out to the other children, and say, ‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’ For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds.”

I find it so interesting that Jesus consumed alcohol, and John did not. Just because something is alright for someone else, doesn't mean that it's right for you; after all, we are to be the body of Christ. There is a personal calling to each soul.

For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment