Thursday 13 June 2013

God Isn't Dead

God is dead: this is what an internal part of me says. Everything that needs to be said can be found in the Bible. God is buried between the pages of a book that cannot be understood. Speaking and questioning is utterly pointless. Nobody is making any progress. I am talking with others about the Spirit, but these conversations do not go anywhere. Miracles do not take place anymore. If God even does exist, a mere human being cannot know what he wants them to know. My soul does not necessarily agree with these statements, but these are thoughts that I have had.

The complexity of God goes further than what can be read. And I do not say that to take away from the importance of the Bible, as I want for scripture to be at the center of my beliefs and opinions. Only remnants of God can be found through what I write. God is more than some drug-evoked myth. God does not make sense, because humans do not make sense. I believe that his son Jesus is still alive. I believe that both Jesus and God will never perish. I am not blinded from God even though Jesus has left the earth. God is not dead.

2 comments:

  1. I think we can know what he wants us to know. "The secret friendship of the Lord is with them that fear Him and he makes His covenant known to them" (Psalm 25:14). Read the whole psalm if you have time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete